this article is about how to use the slang words mentally connected with a horse and a cow. Its really useful coz at least I know how to say that somebody is eating like a pig in a bit politely way ;-)
A few useful words with an explanation:
- people on a high horses think they are better in some way then others.
You can say them: Hey You! Get off your high horse!
Hold your horses
- in other words - hold on, stay cool
straight from the horse's mouth
- means something is directly from the source ;-)
to eat like a horse
- means to eat a lot but not making a mess like a pig ;-) If you're really hungry then probably you'll eat like a horse ;-) Maybe during that you can sweat like a pig
;-) but this is other thing ;-)
My favourte one:
- means to running around, making a big mess like a small kid and fooling around. I think the better is to say MONEKYING AROUND
- you wanna know what it means? Come and MeetTheMonkey!(.com) ;-)
put the cart before the horse
- means you did something wrong!
Lets move to cows ;-)
- you can use it instead of holy shit
- if your business is going very well and you have a lot of money then probably you're a CASH COW ;-)
bull in a china shop
- describes a clumsy person who has two left-hands. Like me ;-)